July 21st, 2008 by nkeynes
Slipping 0.9 to October
Posted in Development

Well, it’s become increasingly clear that I’m not going to have 0.9 ready in the next 2 weeks, or even in month after that. There’s two main reasons for this – I’m unfortunately finding much less time to work on lxdream of late than originally counted on, and the OS X work pretty much took a couple of months out of the schedule by itself. In any case, based on the remaining work and current rate of progress, I’m rescheduling 0.9 for October. We’ll see how that goes ^_^.
However having said that, there’s certainly enough changes to warrant a 0.8.4 interim release, especially for OS X and x86-64 users. I have a fairly short list of things remaining that need to go into that release, so that will be out in about 2 weeks. In the meantime, if anyone’s noticed any regressions relative to 0.8.3 or platform-specific bugs, please let me know as soon as possible so they can be fixed prior to release.

  • Various automake fixes (eg out-of-tree builds and distcheck work now for the first time)
  • Tag SVN binaries with the revision for ease of tracking/reporting
  • Initial implementation of the sort-dma channel
  • Fix alignment of 64-bit FMOVs
  • Fix soft-reset from the emulator (lockup)
  • Fix off-by-one in the translator recovery data (crash)
  • Fix build when no translator is available
  • Fix build against OS X 10.4 SDK
  • General formatting and warnings cleanup

2 Responses to “Slipping 0.9 to October”

  1. enkidu says:

    Great! Thanks !

  2. darcagn says:

    Sounds great. As long as the project stays alive, delays are no biggie.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.